Friday, October 22, 2010

Its on like donkey kong!

I am doing weight watchers in an attempt to shed some kilos that have become increasingly familiar and comfortable on my bones. I have been doing ok, 15 kg gone so far. Granted I started at the beginning of the year, but I am a slavish follower of the "slow weight loss is good weight loss and will stay lost" theory. At this rate, this weight shouldn't find me again til 2098. Well so I thought. What I didn't factor into this equation was Mother Nature. And honestly, she can be a right cow!  Take for example this week. Monday rolls around I get on the scales, all looking positive. Tuesday- ditto, Wednesday- I begin to smile. Thursday morning arrives, its weigh in day. I happily bounce onto the scales full of smug confidence. Cue horror movie type scream as I look down at the number. It cannot possibly be true, how? why? I have gained 900g overnight!!! I have been eating freaking salad all week and suffering horrendous headaches from lack of carby-type goodness and I have gained weight- the day of my weigh in. My usual weigh in day routine of eating very little and rationing my water sips isn't even going to save me today. Defeated I slink from the bathroom, with a sidelong glance at the razor blades sitting on the bench. I begin to wonder how much blood weighs and how much I would lose if I just slashed my wrists a little bit (I am seriously kidding re this last comment) . So I get to my meeting and decide that I will use my 'no weigh pass', which I have affectionately renamed my 'no freaking way am I getting weighed today' pass which helps to soothe my crushed spirit a little. BUT today I wake up, hop on the scales and you would not believe it............ the 900g is GONE!!!!!!!! Its too late now, weigh in was yesterday! This leads me to believe that good ol mother nature is out there having a good old laugh at my expense, high fiving those around her laughing about how they got me a good one. Not happy mother nature! I am not laughing. So now its on- the challenge has been laid down. I am going to be so freaking good this week even mother nature wont be able to hold me back, starting today withhaving  fulfilled my personal challenge to walk to moffat beach and home again- a 2 hour walk. Suck on that MN! You cant keep a carb-deprived, hormonal weight watcher down!

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you write. I can so relate to that scale up and down crap. I once put on 1.2 kilos just by having a cup of coffee.
    you have done so well with the weight loss so far you should only be proud of yourself.
    you're going to be smoking hot in no time!

    ReplyDelete