Monday, January 23, 2017

The Last First Day

Dearest Joe,

There is nothing like reaching a milestone to unblock a good case of Bloggers Block, and todays is surely a doozie! You, my baby, the boy who was seemingly born 2 minutes ago, have started school. My wild, crazy, loving, headstrong Joe has joined the world of the education system and truth be told I'm feeling a little bit sad. Sad because I will no longer have you at home with me, sad because I lose a little piece of you once you start school and sad because you are just growing up too darn fast.

I hope like all parents,  that you will love school and find lovely friends to play with. I hope that you wont get lost or lonely or scared. I hope that I have loved you enough, taught you enough, prepared you enough for this change in your life. I hope that your teacher will peel back the many layers of Joe to find you, because it will be so worth it, she will have a fan for life. I have a sneaking suspicion that she will be exactly what you need.

Of course there is two sides to every story and the flipside is now I have time to myself for the first time in 20 years! Its a little bit exciting I must say. No longer will I have to schedule the hairdresser on Saturdays and  appointments after hours. I can take on relief work if I like and my house will stay clean longer than 10 minutes at a time.  It will take time to get used to not having my little sidekick with me though because I have loved every minute of being home with you (though there were surely a few moments along the way I didn't exactly like- can anyone say epic tantrums??)

You are my last child Joe, my baby, so its my last first day, and like every other last first milestone I  will grieve this major change in my life for a while and then I will move on and adjust. I will always be here for you, always be your biggest champion and love of your life as you are mine. You got this!
Love you always
Mummy


No comments:

Post a Comment