Tuesday, October 29, 2013

To Elijah @ almost 6!

To my Darling Elijah,

Hey sweet man, I had to count up the months on my fingers to realise you are very much on the way to 6. What a big year it has been for you. Your very first year at school almost over and you have nailed it. Like a boss! I had so many worries about how you would go at school, how you would sit still, how you would follow the rules, how you would hold the chat. But to my surprise you have excelled. Your teacher speaks  highly of you, you are doing so well.  And I am so very, very proud.

I am also proud of the relationship you have with Joseph. You adore him and he adores you. Watching you together makes my heart swell. You are so patient and loving with him, its truly beautiful. My wish is that you two will always stay as close as you are now.

I love watching you growing up. The independence that is creeping in, seeing you do big boy things. I have to remind myself not to hold you back sometimes. You have the loveliest sense of humour, you never fail to crack me up. We get each other, we have a similar sense of humour. I love that. Unfortunately, you also seem to share my sporting prowess, for which I truly apologise!. You are flamboyant and dramatic, and your imagination is insane! I swear one day your name will be up in lights.


Elijah you are such an incredible little person. You are so very loving and so very kind. You declare what is in your heart with enthusiasm and without embarrassment. I love that you still love having me help in the class, and still give me kisses in front of your friends. I will be sad when these days pass. I love that you tell me I look beautiful, even when I look like a bag lady, how you lavish praise out of the blue, totally unprompted. So heartfelt. So precious. You are a beautiful soul,  inside and out.

 I love you to the moon and back and I always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment